Guided by a belief that prepared foods would be an integral part of everyday life in every country and every home, Giant Food was established in 1976 to integrate convenience with a healthy lifestyle. Today, Giant Food has become the most dependable and preferable partner for manufacturing, joint-development, and co-packing premium agro-products to global food companies and supermarkets. We specialize in the areas of frozen, canned, dehydration and extractions. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, Giant Food has manufacturing facilities in Taiwan and several locations in China, and a liaison office in Hong Kong, making it one of leading food manufacturer in the region with annual processing capacity exceeding 30,000 tons.
- 1976 Started first export business by selling fresh garlic, onions, asparagus etc to Japan.
- 1979 Started the frozen operation which opened up opportunities outside the region; in Europe & US.
- 1989 Opened frozen operation factory in Shantou and sales office in Hong Kong
- 1992 Factory in Dong Shan begins operations producing canned vegetables.
- 2002 Second frozen factory (Jiangsu) in operation
- 2010 Opened its latest purpose built food processing factory in Shandong with an aim to be closer to agricultural sector(managing frozen, canned and dehydrated food under one site)